Updated March 18, 2020
GreatAuPair is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and its effect on cultural exchange. We have sent out emails to all participants regarding program impact and guidance based on best practices for continued health and safety. We will continue to keep you informed through emails and our website, so please check back frequently for updates as the situation evolves.
The continued safety of our families, au pairs, staff, and communities remain our top priority. In compliance with Department of State guidance, and as a precautionary measure, GreatAuPair has postponed au pair arrivals through May 10, 2020.
We encourage everyone to take the necessary precautions to safeguard their health and that of others. Together, we will all get through this challenging time. As global citizens, it is our responsibility to help stop the spread of this virus by following recommended local, state and federal directives and best practices that include:
- MOST IMPORTANTLY, wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. At a minimum, hand washing should be done after using the restroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing;
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick;
- Maintain social distancing by allowing 6 feet between you and another person in the community;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Stay home if you become sick;
- Cover your cough with your elbow or sneeze into a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects (cell phones) and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or disinfectant wipe.
GreatAuPair will continue to support its program participants and we fully anticipate welcoming exchange visitors again after May 10th, 2020. We are fully equipped and prepared to continue servicing our new and existing customers.
If you have questions about COVID-19, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and your local health authorities are the best resources for updates and answers to questions.
For additional resources and articles, please visit the GreatAuPair USA Blog.
Together we can keep our community healthy. We look forward to helping you and all our program participant through this temporary period of change. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us.