Do you want authentic American cultural experiences?
Try cheering for kids at a football game, washing down a bite of a deep fried corn dog with root beer, and marveling in the wonder of being knee deep in a foreign country with a family who is excited to have you. These experiences and many more can easily be yours if you meet the GreatAuPair requirements.
In order to apply, you need to:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26 years old
- Be a non-US citizen and live in a country serviced by GreatAuPair
- Love children and have at least 1,200 hours of experience caring for them
- Speak English proficiently (Don't worry! Your English doesn't have to be perfect!)
- Have no criminal background
- Have secondary school completed
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be in good health and be a non-smoker
- Be willing to come to the US for one year
Good so far?
Yes! Then there are just two more steps you need to complete to be an au pair:
- Complete the GreatAuPair application and interview process. During this process, you will be carefully evaluated on your skills, experience, and motivation for wanting to become an au pair.
- Complete the 32+ hour GreatAuPair USA Training Academy prior to departing from your home country. The GreatAuPair USA Training Academy is designed to help you feel confident and fully prepared for a rewarding experience as an au pair in the US.