Au Pair Eligibilty and Requirements
Do you want authentic American cultural experiences? Try cheering for kids at a football game, washing down a bite of a deep fried corn dog with root beer, and marveling in the wonder of being knee deep in a foreign country with a family who is excited to have you. These experiences and many more can easily be yours if you meet the GreatAuPair requirements.
In order to apply, you need to:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26 years old
- Be a non-US citizen and live in a country serviced by GreatAuPair
- Love children and have at least 1,200 hours of experience caring for them
- Speak English proficiently (Don't worry! Your English doesn't have to be perfect!)
- Have no criminal background
- Have secondary school completed
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be in good health and be a non-smoker
- Be willing to come to the US for one year
Good so far?
Yes! Then there are just two more steps you need to complete to be an au pair:
Application and Interview Process
Complete the GreatAuPair application and interview process. During this process, you will be carefully evaluated on your skills, experience, and motivation for wanting to become an au pair.
GreatAuPair USA Training Academy
Complete the 32+ hour GreatAuPair USA Training Academy prior to departing from your home country. The GreatAuPair USA Training Academy is designed to help you feel confident and fully prepared for a rewarding experience as an au pair in the US.