It is GreatAuPair's policy to maintain strict security and privacy practices to protect its systems and its customer data. GreatAuPair maintains compliance with U.S. State and Federal laws, as well as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for EU residents, effective May 25, 2018, and the California Consumer Protection Act ("CCPA") effective January 1, 2020, that applies to California residents. Please visit our Security Center to learn more about how we help protect you and how you can help protect yourself against potential online fraud.
Anti-Spam and UCE Policy
GreatAuPair does not send out unsolicited commercial emails or any form of spam. Please read our Unsolicited Commercial Email Policy to see what you can do to correctly identify spammers and put an end to their emails. If you have received what you believe to be spam, you may have received a spoofed email with forged headers. Learn how to identify phishing scams and emails.
GreatAuPair complies with The California Consumer Protection Act ("CCPA") as applicable. Similar to existing legal requirements, compliance with the CCPA requires a partnership between GreatAuPair and its customers in their use of our services. We are also dedicated to helping our customers comply with the CCAP. GreatAuPair has a firm commitment to safeguarding the privacy of its members' Personally Identifiable Information and being transparent with you regarding how data is collected, and how GreatAuPair processes information we collect about you and how you can control the collection, correction and/or deletion of such information when you use our Websites: https://www.greataupair.com/ or https://www.greataupairusa.com/, including on a mobile device and related services (the "Service" or the "Services") or any other service to which this policy is linked. GreatAuPair is also transparent about which third parties may have access to your data.
The following section on CCPA, Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 which is effective January 1, 2020, applies to California residents who have certain rights regarding the personal information (as defined in the CCPA) collected by GreatAuPair. It does not cover personal information not subject to the CCPA rights identified below, such as the personal information we collect from our employees or job applicants. Likewise, the CCPA does not extend all the rights identified below to personal information collected from employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of businesses in the course of our provision or receipt of business-related services.
- "Personal information" or "PI" also known and referred to herein as Personally Identifiable Information or "PII" is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
- "Consumer" is a California resident, a natural person who is a California resident for other than a temporary or transitory purpose, or someone who is domiciled in California but is currently outside the State for a temporary or transitory purpose.
- "Sale" means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer's personal information by GreatAuPair to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
California residents have the following rights under CCPA
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right, at any time, to direct us to not sell your PI. You may Opt Out by canceling your account on your My Account page or get more information by clicking on the "Do Not Sell My Information Link" found at the bottom 'Footer' section of our Site.
- Sale of PI. Under the CCPA, sale is also broadly defined such that it may include allowing third parties to receive certain information, such as cookies, IP address, and/or browsing behavior, to deliver targeted advertising on the Services or other services.
- Categories of PI We Provide and Purposes of the Sale. We provide the following categories of information to third parties for these purposes: including identifiers, geolocation information, professional or employment related data, background check and reference check results and physical characteristics or descriptions.
- Purpose of the Sale: We may provide the following categories of personal information to third parties for these purposes:
- For online targeted advertising purposes: device identifiers (such as browsing history; geolocation information; social media information), and
- For sharing with third parties to send you relevant job or candidate options or offers and promotions and opportunities, such as when you sign up to promote your profile for a job opening or as a candidate or when you sign up for an event or to receive more information and provide categories of information to us: identifiers, professional or employment-related data (such as your job title, work history or current company), and physical characteristics or descriptions (such as if you provide a picture or video of yourself or your family).
- For the fulfillment of services such as background checks and references, GreatAuPair may provide third parties with any information you provide to us such as personal identifiers including but not limited to your social security number, current and former names, work history, addresses, phone numbers and personal details which may be combined with additional data and compiled into reports that are made available to paid members of our Sites.
- Right to Know or Right to be Informed. Subject to certain exceptions, you have the right to know what specific pieces of PI GreatAuPair have collected about you in the 12 months preceding your request, along with the categories of sources of that PI, our business or commercial purpose for disclosing your PI, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your PI. You may make this request no more than twice per 12-month period.
- Right to Request Deletion. You have the right to request deletion of the PI GreatAuPair has collected from you, subject to certain exceptions under the CCPA including, without limitation:
- Complying with GreatAuPair's legal or compliance obligations,
- Retention of GreatAuPair's financial records, which may include PI related to payments you may have made to GreatAuPair,
- Detecting fraudulent behavior or security incidents, and
- Other reasons that are in connection with our lawful internal uses that are consistent with your relationship with us and the context in which the information was collected.
Exercising Your Rights under CCPA
You can exercise any of your rights under CCPA by emailing us at [email protected]
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may include the following:
- If you are exercising your Right to Delete or a similar right that does not require the disclosure of specific pieces of information about you:
- If you are writing to us from the email address associated with your GreatAuPair account or transactions that GreatAuPair has on file for you, then to complete the verification process, we will ask you to confirm the action you wish us to take before we proceed (such as confirming you would like us to delete your information).
- If you are not writing to us from the email address associated with your GreatAuPair account or you are unable to provide alternate forms of verification that GreatAuPair has on file for you, then to complete the verification process, we will ask you to provide 3 specific pieces of data that we have on file for you, such as the answer to your secret question, the email address you used when creating your account or billing information such as the last 4 digits of the credit card used or the billing address.
- If you are exercising your Right to Delete or a similar right that does require the disclosure of specific pieces of information about you:
- If you are writing to us from the email address associated with your GreatAuPair account or transactions that GreatAuPair has on file for you, then to complete the verification process, we will ask you to both: 1) confirm the action you wish us to take before we proceed and 2) also provide a statement that you "declare under penalty of perjury that you are the person about whom the Right to Know request has been made."
- If you are not writing to us from the email address associated with your GreatAuPair account or you are unable to provide alternate forms of verification that GreatAuPair has on file for you, we will ask you to both: 1) provide 3 specific pieces of data that we have on file for you, such as the answer to your secret question, the email address you used when creating your account or billing information such as the last 4 digits of the credit card used or the billing address, and 2) also provide a statement that you "declare under penalty of perjury that you are the person about whom the Right to Know request has been made."
- You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity according to the above methods before processing the authorized agent's request.
- If we are not able to successfully verify you according to the above methods, then we will not be able to comply with your request.
GreatAuPair will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under CCPA. However, if your request requires us to delete, restrict or not share information, please be advised that this will inhibit some functionality of the Site. Any subsequent interaction with the Site after deletion will require new requests for action on your data.
Other rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected] Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), we do not share your personal information with third parties for direct marketing use unless you elect that we do so.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please email [email protected] with a detailed description of the specific content or information. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
People under 18 (or the legal age in your jurisdiction) are not permitted to use GreatAuPair on their own. GreatAuPair does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 and children under 13 are not permitted to register for an account or use our Services. If you believe that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected] If we become aware that a child under age 13 has provided us with personally identifiable information, we will delete it.
We do not knowingly process data of EU residents under the age of 16 without parental consent. If we become aware that we have collected data from an EU resident under the age of 16 without parental consent, we will take reasonable steps to delete it as quickly as possible. We also comply with other age restrictions and requirements in accordance with applicable local laws.
Exercising rights under other privacy laws
If you would like to exercise a right under a different privacy law, please contact us here
GreatAuPair complies with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as applicable. Similar to existing legal requirements, compliance with the GDPR requires a partnership between GreatAuPair and its customers in their use of our services. We are also dedicated to helping our customers comply with the GDPR. GreatAuPair has a firm commitment to safeguarding the privacy of its members' Personally Identifiable Information. Some of the ways in which we ensure data and privacy protection in compliance with the GDPR are through:
- Access controls
- Roles-based privileges
- Enhanced data security
- Data obfuscation
- Data encryption
- Data audits or assessments
- Data subject request procedures
- Staff training on security and data protection
- Contractual agreements with staff and agents
Privacy & Personally Identifiable Information
We collect personally identifiable information when you voluntarily submit it to us, such as first and last name, birthdate, email address, a home, postal or other physical address or phone number during the registration and payment processes and, occasionally, at other times.
Similarly, if you contact us through our website to inquire about employment opportunities with GreatAuPair, we may collect and store the information you provide for recruiting purposes. On our Job Opportunities pages, you may be asked for information necessary for the recruiting process such as your name, address, phone, and other contact information, along with your photo, resume and cover letter. Before you can submit your resume and cover Letter you must explicitly consent to the following uses of your resume, cover letter and any personally identifiable information you provide to GreatAuPair: (1) GreatAuPair its affiliates, and agents will store, access, and use the information you provide in any jurisdiction, including jurisdictions whose privacy laws may be different and less protective than those of your home jurisdiction; and (2) GreatAuPair, its affiliates, and agents, may use this information to evaluate your eligibility for employment and to contact you for recruiting purposes. Please note that people under 18 years old are not authorized to submit recruiting information.
Search engines may index publicly available information from your profile, such as your first name, your city, and other public data that is searchable by anyone on the Internet. Search engines do not have access to any Personal Contact Information contained within the fields of a profile, some of which are available only to paid members of the GreatAuPair service. Personal Contact Information is defined as first and last name together, email address, phone number, and physical street address. We also collect your credit card number and related billing information if you make a purchase. With your permission, we will also supplement data through a background check as needed to satisfy U.S. Department of State Au Pair Program Requirements and or for pre-employment screening.
Uses of Personal Contact Information
Paid members may see your first and last name listed on your profile. You have the option of providing your phone number, which you may elect to display or not display to paid members; either families or care providers who are claiming to seek a working relationship with you as a result of your online registration. Your email address is not visible to anyone, except to those whom you directly send an email during the time you have a paid subscription. Your physical address is not revealed on the website. A map showing the location of your city or zip code is available and may be seen by registered users. No representations or warranties are made regarding the legitimacy of the claims of those who have paid for a membership subscription to contact you through GreatAuPair's private messaging system which relies on your Personal Contact Information. You are urged to validate the identity of anyone who contacts you and utilize the background check resources available to you through the GreatAuPair service before making any commitments or arrangements. We do not sell, share, rent or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
The information you provide during registration may also be used to enable us to process, validate and verify services or membership subscription purchases. We may also provide advertisers with aggregate - never individual - information about our member base and usage patterns. We may also use the aggregated information to develop new features and services to better meet member needs.
Internally we may use aggregated and personally identifiable information to improve our marketing efforts, to statistically analyze site usage, to improve our content and product offerings as well as to customize our site's content and layout. We believe these uses allow us to improve our site and better tailor your online experience to meet your needs.
We also may use personally identifiable information about you to deliver information to you that, in some cases, is targeted to your interests, such as GreatAuPair services, news, updates, promotions, Favorites notifications or FastMatch emails. You may opt-out of receiving such automated information services at any time by signing in to your account: click My Account then click the Account Options link to modify your privacy and communications preferences.
Users also may post third-party personally identifiable information, such as name and email for referral purposes. This information is used only for the purposes which it was collected.
Updating/Accessing/Amending/Correcting Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, deactivate or delete it by making your desired changes on your My Account page or by contacting our Customer Support team by email, phone or U.S. mail.
Communications from the Site
We reserve the right to contact any member at any time regarding subscription renewals, profile deactivation, account cancellation, subject data requests and other membership-related problems or questions.
Special Offers and Updates
We will occasionally send you information on special services or promotions. You may receive these emails from us as part of your registration.
Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. At the bottom of every Special Offer email, you will find an "Opt-out" link at the bottom, which if clicked, will remove your name from the list of recipients for future mailings of that type.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. Out of respect for your privacy, we provide you a way to unsubscribe. At the bottom of every newsletter, you will find an "Opt-out" link at the bottom, which if clicked, will remove your name from the list of recipients for future Newsletters.
We will send you service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate or cancel your account.
Links to Other Sites
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by GreatAuPair. Please be aware that we, GreatAuPair, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
If you use a bulletin board or chat room on this site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personally identifiable information from our bulletin board or chat room, contact us at Customer Support. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personally identifiable information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We also have testimonials and reviews on our sites, for which users have given permission to have their personally identifiable information posted on our sites. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at Customer Support.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number, driver's license number, national ID number and/or social security number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using industry standard encryption and transmission methods such as SHA256 or AES and/or secure socket layer technology (SSL). To learn more about how we help protect you and your privacy, visit our Security Center.
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about our site, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. GreatAuPair does not store and only uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
We use third parties such as a credit card processing company to bill you for services. When you sign up for our service, we will share only that specific personally identifiable information as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties are prohibited from using your personally identifiable information for promotional purposes.
Control of Your Password
You may not disclose your password to any third parties or share it with any third parties. If, despite the foregoing, you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
We also may conduct occasional online surveys. If you choose to participate, you'll be prompted to answer a series of online questions. Your responses are confidential and will be used for statistical analysis only; no information on an individual's preferences will be shared with any outside organization without your permission.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by GreatAuPair and our marketing and analytics partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking user's movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Click here to learn more about cookies and how we use them on this site.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store session content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, browser version, internet service provider (ISP), ISP region, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you and site functionality.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact our Customer Support team by email, phone or U.S. mail. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.