Continuous Au Pair Program Support
From the time you greet your au pair until the day you say goodbye, we'll be there to support you 24/7. Everyone on the GreatAuPair team is committed to helping you and your au pair have a great year. From the time you apply to the program to when you hug your au pair goodbye, we aim to offer you and your au pair professional service and timely support.
Your Local Childcare Coordinator
Your Local Childcare Coordinator (LCC) is the first line of support and your greatest resource for assistance during your program term. Our LCCs are enthusiastic about working with families and au pairs in their community. While you're hosting an au pair, your LCC will:
- Call you and your au pair within 48 hours of your au pair's arrival.
- Conduct an in-home orientation within 2 weeks of your au pair's arrival.
- Introduce your au pair to her new community by creating a welcome packet of information and identifying educational opportunities.
- Contact you and your au pair monthly (or more often) to see how things are going and offer support and guidance as needed.
- Hold fun monthly au pair meetings, giving your au pair a chance to make new friends and get to know her community.
- Host a family day event for GreatAuPair families during the year.
- Conduct mediations as needed to help resolve placement difficulties and facilitate positive outcomes.
- Serve as a helpful resource to host families and au pairs.
Want to join us as a Local Childcare Coordinator? Learn more or apply now!
GreatAuPair management team
In addition to the support of your LCC, GreatAuPair has one of the best management teams in the au pair industry. Together, we have over 90 years of experience working with families and au pairs, and most of us are parents just like you. You can count on our timely, hands-on, and professional assistance when you need it.
24/7 emergency assistance
We know that urgent matters and emergencies exist outside normal business hours, so in the event of an emergency, a member of the GreatAuPair management team is prepared to assist you at any hour of the day, nights or weekends.